Thursday 20 September 2012

A Burly Girl & Her Package... ing!

Last Friday was the return of The Cherry Pop Affair burlesque show in York! Yay! It is a great night featured fabulous performers and is fueled by Kitty Noir, Poppy Pout & myself. One of my duties for the show is the baked goods. Usually, in the past our cigarette girls strictly just sell cup cakes however this time decided to mix it up to not only save time in the kitchen but to give our show goers variety. I baked chocolate brownies, snickerdoodle cookies and of course the usual, vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. The packaging of the cookies & brownies did not come easy. I couldn't find what I wanted so in the end I said, "To hell with it!" & decided to go high school bake sale style with a burly twist!

I wrapped them in cling film(saran wrap for my home countrywomen)  and then used some leftover* sequin trim to tie around them to burly them up a bit. The trim also coordinated all the baked goods together, as if simply being baked goods wasn't enough, it matched the edible glitter that adorned the chocolate frosting on the cup cakes. It was simple, cost next to nothing & looked pretty adorable.

Also by offering packaging for our goodies it gives the audience as well as the performers the chance to take a yummy piece of the show home with them! What edible creations do you sell at your own show and how do you package or present them for your audience to buy?

Shimmy, Shakes & Cup Cakes,
Georgia Honey xx

*When I say leftover trim, I mean leftover! It was trim that was meant to go on my senior prom dress- I keep EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment